Windows Live OneCare Dead last...

It came last in an antivirus test so I read at a slightly more popular site than osnn.

Windows defender has the same flaws also.

Keep in mind that this is their first attempt in this market. Everyone starts at the bottom.

I dont think that makes it any better , the fact that they want to enter this game means they need to research and put out a better product , the sheer size of Microsoft Corp means they dont have any valid excuse for such poor perfromance.

The product has come a long way since I first started with the early betas. The latest version, 1.5, offers a lot of features that tie in nicely with the operating system. I've been included on both betas and I stand behind the product. Sure, there is room for improvement. But as I said, you have to start from some where.

I rather liked One Care personally, it integrated nicely and I did not have any virus/malware problems in all the time I Beta tested it.

I still vote for OneCare.
It integrates itself into Vista. ...nd yeah ......... I too was in both betas.

I uninstalled windows defender some months back, it caused far too many problems.

System works far better now.

At least Microsoft has acknowledged problems with the detection rate and will be making improvements. WOC 2.0 will also be a nice update.

I can't believe this surprises anyone. Microsoft can't secure their OS, what would make you think they could write a security suite?

I can't believe this surprises anyone. Microsoft can't secure their OS, what would make you think they could write a security suite?

Show me any secure OS that needs no patches no updates?

I can show you quite a few that don't run as administrator by default and don't have tons of unnecessary network services listening on open ports out of the box.

Well Vista does not run on Administrator by default

I will take your answer as no then you cannot show me an OS that does not need patches and updates

There is no such thing. But there are better choices than others.

Accept my answer? Cancel or allow?

Its just an opinion one not held by everyone of course , but we all know you will bash Microsoft in every thread you get a chance .

Just because I point out their shortcoming does not make it untrue.

True but its not like the world is not aware that you need to update your OS no matter who makes it, Its funny how no one bothers to bash Linux its just not worth bashing I guess, When you need to point out the so called short comings all the time its because you feel threatened and inferior .

security & microsoft in same sentence?
lol
Show me any secure OS that needs no patches no updates?
This thread might of interest to all of you:
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=784662

Keep in mind that I'm not presenting anything there as facts; I'm just interested in hearing opinions.
And keep it clean, please. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back