Windows Live OneCare Dead last...

L

Lee

It came last in an antivirus test so I read at a slightly more popular site than osnn.

Windows defender has the same flaws also.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Keep in mind that this is their first attempt in this market. Everyone starts at the bottom.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I dont think that makes it any better , the fact that they want to enter this game means they need to research and put out a better product , the sheer size of Microsoft Corp means they dont have any valid excuse for such poor perfromance.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
The product has come a long way since I first started with the early betas. The latest version, 1.5, offers a lot of features that tie in nicely with the operating system. I've been included on both betas and I stand behind the product. Sure, there is room for improvement. But as I said, you have to start from some where.

Smoke286

Smokeater
I rather liked One Care personally, it integrated nicely and I did not have any virus/malware problems in all the time I Beta tested it.

PcTuner

Software Tuner
I still vote for OneCare.
It integrates itself into Vista. ...nd yeah ......... I too was in both betas.

L

Lee

I uninstalled windows defender some months back, it caused far too many problems.

System works far better now.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
At least Microsoft has acknowledged problems with the detection rate and will be making improvements. WOC 2.0 will also be a nice update.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
I can't believe this surprises anyone. Microsoft can't secure their OS, what would make you think they could write a security suite?

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I can't believe this surprises anyone. Microsoft can't secure their OS, what would make you think they could write a security suite?

Show me any secure OS that needs no patches no updates?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
I can show you quite a few that don't run as administrator by default and don't have tons of unnecessary network services listening on open ports out of the box.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Well Vista does not run on Administrator by default

I will take your answer as no then you cannot show me an OS that does not need patches and updates

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
There is no such thing. But there are better choices than others.

Accept my answer? Cancel or allow?

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Its just an opinion one not held by everyone of course , but we all know you will bash Microsoft in every thread you get a chance .

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Just because I point out their shortcoming does not make it untrue.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
True but its not like the world is not aware that you need to update your OS no matter who makes it, Its funny how no one bothers to bash Linux its just not worth bashing I guess, When you need to point out the so called short comings all the time its because you feel threatened and inferior .

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
security & microsoft in same sentence?
lol
Show me any secure OS that needs no patches no updates?
This thread might of interest to all of you:
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=784662

Keep in mind that I'm not presenting anything there as facts; I'm just interested in hearing opinions.
And keep it clean, please. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pancake