Windows Live: Multiple Accounts

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
I installed it on the GF's PC... I can sign into my account, her account but I keep getting the error message that the service is temporarily unavailable for the kid's account. The kid's account signs in fine on Windows Messenger and Trillian. Has anyone else had this problem?

[edit]Sorry, I read your post wrong[/edit]

were you logged in with another client at time ???

Negative.
Even if I were, it would automatically log out of the previous client.

Here is what I found:

"Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"
There are two known causes for this problem: the most common one is that the MSN service is down for a while. If you didn't have this problem before just wait a while and see if you can get online again later.
If you keep getting this problem, the cause may be that your email address was blocked from accessing MSN Messenger. You can use this webpage to ask MSN to unblock it. Make sure you refer to the error code you got.
"Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
This error is usually caused by Windows being unable to find a .dll file that is needed by MSN Messenger for security.
To resolve it, you can download this file and run it. It will register all the required .dll files which means Windows can find them.
If you prefer, you can also type the following commands yourself to register the .dll files
First open a command prompt by clicking start, then run. In the "run" screen, type: cmd and press enter. You get a command prompt window now. Now, type the following commands and press enter after each command:
regsvr32 softpub.dll, regsvr32 Wintrust.dll, regsvr32 Initpki.dll, regsvr32 Dssenh.dll, regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll, regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll, regsvr32 Sccbase.dll, regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll, regsvr32 Mssip32.dll, regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll.
You can now close the command prompt screen and Messenger should work correctly again.
I hope one of them helps ..

Wow, thanks for the info!
I'll check it out when I get a chance to.

**Edit - Sigh.. tried the above mentioned solutions... still no go.

Last edited:
Is Messenger Live still availale via sign up? or is it public as in anyone can use it without signing up?

It is available to the public now Admiral Michael. I'm not sure what it can be then. Sorry .. What I have there is all I could find. You best bet might be to get them a new username ...

Yeah, I setup a test username and it worked fine... odd.

You still need to sign up for it, even though it is a public beta. If you don't it won't let you sign in.

hi when i try to sign into windows messenger this message keeps coming up
"signing in to .NET Messenger Services failed beacuse the service is not responding. The service is not available or you are not connected to the internet."
i am connected to the internet and i have tryed every thing i know of... plz help

It's the server when it does that ... Let it ride out ..

It's the server when it does that ... Let it ride out ..
It's been weeks now and it's still happening with her account... odd. Problem resolved by making a new account heh.

I've been getting something new the past few days now... I'm not showing any contacts at all (I have around 30 in my list).
Windows Messenger works fine.

Attachments

• WindowsLive-WTF.jpg
    WindowsLive-WTF.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 88

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back