Windows Live Messenger Invitations Thread

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Please Read These Guidelines BEFORE PM'ing a Member For An Invitation

The invite system for WLM has started and those in the beta have been given 2 invites to start with. Some members are generous enough to share invites with other people from the board

Please DO NOT Post Here Unless You Are Offering Invites

1. PM the person(s) offering the invites with your name, user name at OSNN, and you country
2. Please wait for a return PM with the link for the invite

People requesting an invitation must be a registered osnn member with some history here. (Time since registration, number of posts etc.)

Understand that the invites are not available for every country yet.

To those offering the invites, please try to edit your post to reflect how many invitations you are still willing to give out

Copied from another site but I thought we needed one.

Last edited:
I had two but I gave them both away. One of them actually went to someone on this forum. :)
I'll let you guys know when I receive additional ones.

NetRyder said:
I had two but I gave them both away. One of them actually went to someone on this forum. :)
I'll let you guys know when I receive additional ones.

Must have been some really lucky bloke.

American Zombie said:
I have seen it on torrents.
The installer is useless. It can be downloaded by anyone from Microsoft's own servers. Once you install it, you can't actually sign in unless your Passport account is validated, which only happens if you're a beta tester, or if you received an invitation from one.

NetRyder said:
Hahaha! That lucky bloke doesn't happen to have any invites, does he? :D

Well even if he did...he told me that a couple people have already asked him.

Also he gets a "bad url" error when checking for invites! :crosseyed:

American Zombie: Yeah, they validate your email address when you sign up for the beta...you can go ahead and install it, but you just won't be able to sign in ;)

Grandmaster said:
Well even if he did...he told me that a couple people have already asked him.
Also he gets a "bad url" error when checking for invites! :crosseyed:
Ah, of course. I think I know who those two people are too. ;)
By the way, the Beta Invitations link doesn't work for anyone. The "lucky bloke" should get an email when (or if, rather) any invitations are available. :D

NetRyder said:
Ah, of course. I think I know who those two people are too. ;)
By the way, the Beta Invitations link doesn't work for anyone. The "lucky bloke" should get an email when (or if, rather) any invitations are available. :D

I'll be sure to pass that info along to him :p

The one I found on torrent contains a proxy patch and it makes you appear as a registered beta tester.

American Zombie said:
The one I found on torrent contains a proxy patch and it makes you appear as a registered beta tester. :)

Ooh. Wonder how long that will work. And have you tried it?

AZ I would not use that thought, dont want no dodgy proxy getting me login details ;)
You never know, someone may invite me :D

All this is after all is MSN messenger 8 as far as I have been told and I do not use messenger.

Tested, found it works, uninstalled as I have no use for it.

well it tells me that they will contact me when it is avialible for my country (canada) then i can give out when i have some

Grandmaster said:
Ooh. Wonder how long that will work. And have you tried it?
A proxy patch has been around for a while. It used to downgrade you to the MSN 7.5 protocol, so not all of the new features in WLM8 would work.
I'm not sure if the patch AZ is talking about has worked around that too.

Btw, for anyone interested in knowing what's new in this version, take a look at this post on the official WLM blog. Lots of useful new stuff in this release (offline messaging, folder sharing, word-wheel search etc.), unlike some of the previous ones where all we got were winks and nudges. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back