Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0689 Leaked To Web

lkyng

OSNN Addict
Windows Live Messenger build 689
was just publicly released but contrary to the original plan, it still bears the Beta-tag (for the last time?).

So far I spotted nothing new compared to the previously leaked internal Beta so I suggest you check those posts for details.

I'm also not entirely sure they updated all languages to 8.0.0689.00_Branches but here's a list of direct links for all known translations (let me know which ones still link to the 0566 build):

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 English
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Dutch
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Spanish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 German
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 French
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Japanese
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Korean
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Brazilian Portugese
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Chinese (Traditional)
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Chinese (Simplified)
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Polish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Russian
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Danish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Finnish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Greek
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Hungarian
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Italian
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Arabic
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Slovenian
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Slovak
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Turkish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Swedish
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Hebrew
Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0689 Norwegian

http://www.mess.be/

Last edited:
Got this from Connect earlier today. Wasn't aware that it was a public download too. Cool. :)

This is the first non beta relase of WLM. and will be the final release before the final release (if you see what i mean :) )

Check out the lost of changes from previous offical builds (not the leaked one) ont he WLM blog http://spaces.msn.com/messengersays

It's not the final release. The "Beta" tags are still present.
The features and UI have finally been locked down though. So the final build should look and feel pretty much identical to this one.

On their blog page it says
This version is like a final draft – a last chance to make any crucial changes/bug fixes. You won’t see many changes between this version and the final release. Feel free to keep making feature requests, though - we’ll add them to the list for the next versions.

So its pretty much it appart from bugs

Whoah whoah whoah! Is this like the 2nd time in a row that a build before an official one that has worked properly and hasnt crashed on me! Can they make a third for WLM9!!! Just whoah!

This build of WLM8 is so much damn better than the other ones and has the best looking interface I have seen in any of the Messengers. :smoker:

Sounds are still messed up for me. Sometimes they work... sometimes not. Mostly not. And if you wish to view contacts by email address even if you have that checked in the settings you never see it that way w/o switching to another view and back everytime you login. Looks-wise it's a thing of beauty.... once you remove the ads.

rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back