Windows live mail ..

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I got an invitation to try windows live mail. I sign up go threw the steps. Go to go to the page, and it is the same as the old mail .. Does anyone else have this issue ??

I think it is kinda strange they they would have me go threw all that only take me to my regular msn pages ..

Johnny said:
I got an invitation to try windows live mail. I sign up go threw the steps. Go to go to the page, and it is the same as the old mail .. Does anyone else have this issue ??

I think it is kinda strange they they would have me go threw all that only take me to my regular msn pages ..

Hmmm. Not sure why this would happen. I changed over one of my Hotmail accounts a few weeks ago. Hotmail redirects me into the new Windows Live Mail beta. It was instantaneous when I signed up and such.

Note, With any of the newer Windows Live products I highly recommend making sure you use IE when you sign-up or apply. I've viewed the ideas.live.com website with both Firefox and IE and a lot is missing when Firefox is used.

Did you use IE and are you sure you completely all you needed to complete? I don't remember it being very involved when I did it but ya never know. I'm assuming you did get a confirmation when you finished?

Personally, I'm not all that impressed with Live Mail and it broke my use of MailForward to seamlessly forward my Hotmail to a POP3 account. Ah well.

rotjong

Johnny, make sure you didn't just fall for a Phishing attack.

Change your email account passwords immediately and if you use a common password on other accounts change those too. If you provided any other information like social security number, credit card number, bank account number. Notify the banks/social security/and the 3 credit reporting agencies immediately. (Immediatley means tonight, not tomorrow. You could have 5 new credit accounts opened by morning in your name.)

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
TransUnion : 1-800-680-7289
Social Security Administration (fraud line) 1-800-269-0271

If you still have them post the links the email directed you to here. You can usually tell if it is a fake link. We can help determine if you just messed up.

NEVER click a link in an email and then fill in personal information!

Go to the site you believe is making the offer directly and follow the instructions there. Any legitimate offer will show up on your normal site. The email scams are a major identity theft issue these days.

PS The reason to notify the credit bureaus and social security is that you can have them contact you by phone for authorization if anyone tries to make inquiries or setup accounts using the info you provided.

Last edited:
I don't think it was a phishing scheme. It took me to windows live where it showed the beta programs I was involved in. I did change my password though, I also don't have any personal information on there.

I tried what you said, speedy, it didn't work .. It didn't even give me an optioin to switch it over ..

Johnny - did you feed this back to the Livemail beta team? Resolved?

I sent them an email; never got a reply. I did find that with some ISP's it's not working yet. So I guessing mine is one of them

Off topic, sort of. Did anyone see the redesigned Windows Live site? Looks nicer in my opinion.

Johnny said:
I like that, Matt.
Looks a lot better in my opinion. I love the weather a lot more (nice how your primary spot stands out more). Stocks are a lot easier to read too. I like it.

I have three columns setup and it works a lot better with the new design.

madmatt said:
Off topic, sort of. Did anyone see the redesigned Windows Live site? Looks nicer in my opinion.
Are you talking about the Live.com site itself or the mail application. Because if it's the mail interface it still looks as horrible as ever.

I've changed color schemes and still can't see it pulling me away from gmail.

The Windows Live site, not Live Mail. Sorry for the confusion.

madmatt said:
Looks a lot better in my opinion. I love the weather a lot more (nice how your primary spot stands out more). Stocks are a lot easier to read too. I like it.

I have three columns setup and it works a lot better with the new design.

Yes, it is much smoother looking ;)

Now to fill it with all the goodness that I have on my personalized google page.

:)

I just wish you could add sports scores. That and the comics (Garfield) are one reason I still have a My Yahoo! page.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back