Windows Live Mail Desktop - I love it ..

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Has anyone tried this yet ?? I got it the other day and find it to be really nice.

What it is

A program that lets you get e-mail from multiple accounts in one place.

What it gives you

• Speedy access to multiple e-mail accounts in one place (even AOL and Gmail)
• The power of desktop software with the flexibility of Web-based e-mail
• A way to get your newsgroups and RSS feeds as easily as you get e-mail
• The ability to compose, delete, and organize e-mail even when you're offline
• A massive 2 GB* of online inbox storage
• Address AutoComplete and other handy features to let you speed through your e-mail like never before
• The power to instantly add an MSN® Spaces blog entry about any message
• Keep in touch with your MSN® Messenger contacts right from inside the program
• Easy creation and editing of photo e-mails
You can also retreive messges from hotmail as msn webmail servers as well. It even works with office live emails. I have my own domain name through office live and would have to have to pay a subscription fee to retrieve the emails to my outlook or outlook express clients. With Windows Live Mail Desktop I can get my emails without having to pay the price :) Of course you can also get your regular pop email messages with it as well.

More info can found: HERE !! | So far this program is great. I have it as my default client now ...

I've been running the betas of this for awhile. It's definitely more my style than Outlook Express. I only use it to check and read email on my Hotmail accounts, though. My main client remains to be Eudora for the time being.

The downside to WLMD is the huge ad window that eats up something like 20% of the program window. This can be remedied by using A-Patch for WLMD, though. This looks very promising.

rotjong

So it's sort of like a mini-Outlook. Interesting.

So it's sort of like a mini-Outlook. Interesting.
I'd say it's more like a nicer version of Outlook Express. Outlook is a very different beast, with calendar+task integration, Exchange support, and lots of corporate-friendly features. :)

One thing I never quite figured out was the need for this third mail client though. Outlook Express already got a makeover in the form of Windows Mail in Vista. Wouldn't it have made more sense to combine the best ideas from Windows Mail and Live Mail Desktop into a single product that would ship with Vista and was available to XP users as a free download? I'm sure there was a valid reason, but I can't quite figure it out.

I'd say it's more like a nicer version of Outlook Express. Outlook is a very different beast, with calendar+task integration, Exchange support, and lots of corporate-friendly features. :)

One thing I never quite figured out was the need for this third mail client though. Outlook Express already got a makeover in the form of Windows Mail in Vista. Wouldn't it have made more sense to combine the best ideas from Windows Mail and Live Mail Desktop into a single product that would ship with Vista and was available to XP users as a free download? I'm sure there was a valid reason, but I can't quite figure it out.

Good point.

Just thought I'd take this oppurtunity to say that I owe my sanity to Outlook. :D

I use PalmOS instead of Windows Mobile. :p

Edit: And I should rephrase my earlier post.

Just thought I'd take this oppurtunity to say that I owe my sanity to Outlook, with the GTD plugin :D

I use PalmOS instead of Windows Mobile. :p

Edit: And I should rephrase my earlier post.

Just thought I'd take this oppurtunity to say that I owe my sanity to Outlook, with the GTD plugin :D
You should be slapped for using PalmOS - inferior technology!

I also owe my sanity to Outlook and Windows Mobile :D

Sorry for the thread hijack, but just to respond:

I have a Tunsten T5 which I got from my dad. So I didn't have a choice. And it works swell for my needs :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back