Windows Live Mail Center available ...

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Windows Live Mail Center beta, previously called Windows Live Mail Desktop is the tool that is meant to allow you to read your Hotmail/Windows Live Mail/Custom Domains mails from a rich desktop application via POP3. It also is applicable to any POP3 server.

Download: http://g.msn.com/1csbeta/OELive
Source: MSDN Blogs

Currently only open to those that are signed up for the beta.

Last edited:
ive DL and installed but i get an error stating taht it cannot initialize msmail.dll. i tried to do a search but coudnt find it. ive reinstalled the app....didnt make a difference. any ideas?

ive DL and installed but i get an error stating taht it cannot initialize msmail.dll. i tried to do a search but coudnt find it. ive reinstalled the app....didnt make a difference. any ideas?

First you should use Install_WLMail.exe (not the extracted files)

Reboot the system after the successful installation and go to Windows Update using your Web Browser. Do a manual custom scan to ensure you have all the updates. Exit the browser and then start WLM Desktop Beta

Remember to un-install any previous versions and reboot before visiting Windows Update

Windows Live Mail Center beta, previously called Windows Live Mail Desktop is the tool that is meant to allow you to read your Hotmail/Windows Live Mail/Custom Domains mails from a rich desktop application via POP3. It also is applicable to any POP3 server.

Download: http://g.msn.com/1csbeta/OELive
Source: MSDN Blogs

You need to mention it's a waste of time unless you have been accepted after signing up for the beta.

i tried the above instructions but the same result still applies. im not too worried about it. i guess thats why its beta.

You need to mention it's a waste of time unless you have been accepted after signing up for the beta.
yeah, need to be on the beta to use with a live/hotmail account

also its still branded as Windows Live Mail Desktop

Good point. Added to original post.

What are you talking about?! [=

*looks at timestamp on my post, compares to last edit time* :p

For WSUS users: Windows Live Mail Center is now an option.

Not sure why this post is in the Vista section but I just discovered this program today (yeah I'm behind the times hehe). Neat program.

It has changed names so many times its hard to know which product this was originally.

I can check homtail and gmail fine with it anyway, but my pop3 osnn.net account won't work with it for some reason.

Yeah, works fine under XP. It's missing a calendar though which would be nice to have.

Never realised how much ram this thing eats up...
wlmail.exe - 51,688 K
WLLoginProxy.exe - 8,412 K

This is my main email app. I love it ... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back