Windows Live Local gets street-level imagery!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
If 45-degree "Eagle Eye" aerial imagery wasn't close enough to the ground for you, here's something even closer. The Virtual Earth team has now started rolling out street-level imagery into the new Windows Live Local Tech Preview.

It's only available for the Seattle and San Fransisco areas at the moment, but damn, you can "drive" around the city with your keyboard, and see what it would look like from the windshield of a car! :eek:

wll8ks.jpg

Now that is nice! Can we catch some air on the hills of Castro and
Alameda. Gonna want to cruise the restauraunts.

sweet, this is what im looking for. This would make understanding directions so much easier!

It's really a huge undertaking. Apparently, the Seattle area alone consists of ~10 million images!
I thought aerial imagery would be hard. But this is insane... :D

wait... look at the "pick your view" section.... Can I select a "tricked out Escalade"? And will my view nod as I play insanly loud rap music :p

sean.ferguson said:
wait... look at the "pick your view" section.... Can I select a "tricked out Escalade"? And will my view nod as I play insanly loud rap music :p
That's what that little Feedback button is for. Send it in, just for kicks! :p

sean.ferguson said:
Why not? and you get the picture of the cop handing you a ticket for violating noise ordnances also:laugh:

That is really cool. I wonder if I can use it to spy on my hot next door neighbor ?? lol

Johnny said:
That is really cool. I wonder if I can use it to spy on my hot next door neighbor ?? lol

I smell another baptism coming up.

:smoker:

wow that looks really good, but must have taken aaaaaages to get all the pics.

Google Earth (I think it was), also got rather close with the imaging detail...

As long as someone can't read the time off our wrist watch, we should be fine :D However, after they do, time to stop looking up... Anyone who's watched Enemy of the State before, will probably know what I'm alluding too :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back