Windows Live Local gets street-level imagery!

If 45-degree "Eagle Eye" aerial imagery wasn't close enough to the ground for you, here's something even closer. The Virtual Earth team has now started rolling out street-level imagery into the new Windows Live Local Tech Preview.

It's only available for the Seattle and San Fransisco areas at the moment, but damn, you can "drive" around the city with your keyboard, and see what it would look like from the windshield of a car! :eek:

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Now that is nice! Can we catch some air on the hills of Castro and
Alameda. Gonna want to cruise the restauraunts.

It's really a huge undertaking. Apparently, the Seattle area alone consists of ~10 million images!
I thought aerial imagery would be hard. But this is insane... :D

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
wait... look at the "pick your view" section.... Can I select a "tricked out Escalade"? And will my view nod as I play insanly loud rap music :p

sean.ferguson said:
wait... look at the "pick your view" section.... Can I select a "tricked out Escalade"? And will my view nod as I play insanly loud rap music :p
That's what that little Feedback button is for. Send it in, just for kicks! :p

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
sean.ferguson said:
Why not? and you get the picture of the cop handing you a ticket for violating noise ordnances also:laugh:

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
Google Earth (I think it was), also got rather close with the imaging detail...

As long as someone can't read the time off our wrist watch, we should be fine :D However, after they do, time to stop looking up... Anyone who's watched Enemy of the State before, will probably know what I'm alluding too :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut