Windows Live Expo Invites sent out

LordOfLA

Godlike!
MS just sent me this (I've editied urls out as I'm not sure how public this is / isn't supposed to be). Having read the email more though if anyone wants to try this out let me know and I'll join up and invite people upto my quota.

Dear MSN/Windows Live Beta Tester,

You are invited to the Windows Live Expo UK Beta (edited)! 'Beta' is just our geek speak for 'not quite finished yet' and this stage is all about testing and getting ready for a full public release.

To start right away, click the Join Now link below. (A .Net Passport account is required). For more information, please read on.

What is Expo
This new product is a unique offering from Microsoft to answer the need of the social networking marketplaces phenomenon. We are taking the traditional classifieds service to the next level with our new 'ultimate social marketplace' Windows Live Expo.

Expo is not just about selling stuff, it's so much more. Expo is a dynamic social listing service that allows members to find and sell items, discover information, and meet other parties in their area - all for free! Expo enhances your ability to:

• [*]Connect with those you trust - your messenger buddies and your coworkers,
    [*]Locate items in your neighbourhood or across the country through integration with MapPoint and Windows LiveT Local maps,
    [*]List easily, instantly, and most importantly for free!
Expo integrates with Windows Live Messenger, Spaces, Live Local to make it easy for you to list and find more opportunities to advertise.

We have already released Windows Live Expo in the US. The Expo team now needs your help in using and testing the service in UK. Expo needs both listings and feedback from you, our beta testers, before we go out to the public.

The 'in' crowd. For the time being, Expo for UK is an exclusive beta, which means its membership by invitations only. As one of the lucky ones, you are invited to join the beta now. We ask that you do the following to help us improve and promote Expo.

What to do

1. Use, use, use
We need your help to start building up the database of listings. So you need to post listings on the site. Preferably they are for real. But if you don't have a lot to sell or buy, there is a "Just Testing" category in the "People" section. If you are just testing, please post your listing in there. You also need to try searching and checking out other people's listings. To learn how to fully utilise Expo, check the demo on the Expo homepage.

2. Submit feedback
By using it, you surely will find bugs, issues or come up with suggestions. That's what the beta release is all about. Send us feedback about your experience, your thoughts, and bugs via the Feedback form. You can get to this form by clicking the Feedback link on the footer of Expo site.

3. Be Expo's ambassador
We ask not only you but also your friends and family to use Expo. You have been given a quota that enables you to invite them to the beta. Just click the "Invite Friends" link in the left navigation bar on Expo. Please help us spread the word by inviting as many people to Expo as you can. Once you use up your quota, you can request for more.

Now let's get started. Got DVD's to sell, your car, furniture even unwanted concert tickets? Maybe you've got kittens to give away to friends or work colleagues, maybe you've got a gig you want to post, maybe you need a new drummer for the band. Well Expo is waiting for you. Just click on the Join Now button above and post your first listing!

Thanks for trying this new service and helping the Expo team to improve it!

Windows Live Expo Team

Got one as well, shame really as I was supposed to get my Soapbox.
Hasn't arrived yet though.

MS just sent me this (I've editied urls out as I'm not sure how public this is / isn't supposed to be). Having read the email more though if anyone wants to try this out let me know and I'll join up and invite people upto my quota.
I hope to be invited to the Windows Live Expo UK Beta, would you please send me a invite mail ? many thanks

The 'in' crowd. For the time being, Expo for UK is an exclusive beta, which means its membership by invitations only. As one of the lucky ones, you are invited to join the beta now. We ask that you do the following to help us improve and promote Expo.

You can't share invites.

best not to leave stuff like that posted, so please say as soon as you have seen that la.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back