Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (5346.5)

Re: Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

So how do you install this thing?

Uninstall? And then what?

:) I have only ie7 installed right now I think.

You have to un-install previous versions of ie7 before new versions can be installed.

I may have to play with this when I get home.

For this Beta 2 release, we’re taking the extra step of offering no-charge phone support to consumers in North America, Germany and Japan. We’re offering phone support to encourage people who usually shy away from beta software to try IE7 Beta 2. We believe that IE7 - even at this beta stage - is a significant improvement and we want as many people as possible to try it and use it. IE7 is feature complete and has been through significant compatibility and reliability testing. People (especially technology enthusiasts) will have a good experience with it.
:D

That's encouraging :)

I just installed in on my desktop running XP x64. First IE 7 build running on this machine, and everything seems to be working well.

Have you or anyone else notice that security warnings seem to slide down the screen a bit slow, instead of a smooth render?

Just to clarify, if you visit a page that requires an ActiveX control to be installed, you get that warning right underneath the address bar. It seems to kind of fall down instead of sliding?

yay! i'll finaly be able to run this at home.

i.e. is actualy growing on me a lot over the last few months, i've been using it at work quite a lot, i love the rss feeds integration

Saz...

Current Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview users
If you're running a version of the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, follow these steps prior to downloading the latest version:

Click your Start button, then go to Control Panel
Go to Add or Remove Programs
Go to Change or Remove Programs and make sure "Show updates" is checked.
If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, released on March 20 or later, it is no longer necessary to check "Show updates."
Scroll down on the list and highlight "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview."
Click "Remove" to uninstall the previous version of Internet Explorer 7.
Reboot your PC and return to the download page for Internet Explorer 7 to begin downloading the latest version.

Beta 2 is much more refined. A lot nicer. Faster.

I'll have to install on my box at home and test moire in depth.

madmatt said:

It's giving me all kinds of issues right now.

It has reverted to ie6 but it's borked. Dl's are all screwed up so I can't even dl ie7.

Will play around with it when I get back home today.

Got round the damn thing.

Took long enough.

I HATE crap like this but c'est la vie.

My tip, if anyone else has a fubar'd IE install for the beta, hopefully you have dl'd the .exe coz if not, the busted module links will NOT allow you to dl anything.

:)

I had problems uninstalling the first preview. By removing a registry key it looks to prior to the install fixed my issue.

Well I'm loving the beta 2 version now that I have it installed.

Graphical fubar's fixed, the button's don't look like crap and it is indeed faster.

I like the new tab thinger, though I might simply have not noticed it before.

New version much much better, I'm starting to like, but stillll..

^^^^^But still what?

I think this is a great improvement from previous beta 2 "previews" - only thing I have had a chance to notice so far is that it is MUCH faster :)

The new version is defiantly faster and more refined (as I said above). The new icons for Favorites and Add are better, too. They also fixed the missing image from the download complete dialog.

madmatt said:
The new version is defiantly faster and more refined (as I said above). The new icons for Favorites and Add are better, too. They also fixed the missing image from the download complete dialog.

I think the Favorites are really sweet in this edition. I love how after you click one the menu collapses again, giving you all the real estate possible for browsing :)

Bman™ said:
but still, I'm with Mozilla

You can't compare IE7 Beta 2 to Mozilla, as that is a beta and an RTM release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back