Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (5346.5)

Re: Time to think about terminating the IE process?!!

Mainframeguy said:
this was a spectacular example of IE doing a Ffox! Lucky I had 2GB DDR there!
Wow - that's definitely not normal :s

I have a weird issue.

One of my test boxes can't seem to shake the "runonce" page. I have tried to "save" the settings, which doesn't have any effect. I assume that is the culprit. Essentially, setting my homepage is useless. Has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions?

Try changing the start page.

madmatt said:
Try changing the start page.
I would have hoped you thought I tried that ;)

The start page is set to www.yahoo.com, as is the requirement for the test LAN I'm building. I'm sure you've seen the runonce, similar to that little blurb you get the first time you open a tab. My issue is it's not remembering that I already set my preferences.

It is still amusing to me that Microsoft's own Partner Site doesn't work with IE7. When I try to manage my profile it tells me I am using a version that is not supported. It allows me to continue but doesn't display the page correctly and won't allow me to access the information I need.

You are using an unsupported Internet browser. Please use the most recent non-beta version of Internet Explorer to access this page. If you continue you will likely experience performance issues. Please download this supported version or proceed to the PMC page you requested.

Just had attached pop up coming up on my beta IE - curious if this is a beta thing or general IE issue (not had it before). Came up on Gmail page, but not sure if that was significant. Had to shut IE anyway since it was up to 300Meg memory and had taken swap file to 2GB! posting it up more out of curiosity... not had it popping up since restarting IE.

Attachments

• IE7lang.jpg
    IE7lang.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 77
not sure if anyone's mentioned this or reported it to MS, but IE7 doesn't seem to want to allow MSN webmessenger window to popup (even when ctrl key is pressed).

OK - this is sort of serious because I have to resolve to for my professional needs before next week. I do have a backup plan, but that simply involves working on different machines for this purpose.

The work involved uses an INTRANET application from the company I am freelancing for, it is for their problem management. Although it will run under IE7 the update function seems to be foobar - this is also true with Ffox and Opera, which I tried as possible workarounds. I am not certain, but believe both JavaScript and ActiveX are involved in the app.

Anyway - I think it is heavily dependent on IE6 for correct operation.

I guess I have two courses of action going forward (since I should have this working for me by next week) One is to get very latest IE7 beta and see if it works with that (I am still back on 5335.5)...

The other is to revert back to IE6. Has that been covered in this thread? I am guessing it is non-trivial, but anyone care to advise? Can't help thinking someone must have "been there, done that" so thought it worth a post...

[EDIT] Presently back to IE6, seems that is necessary in this instance. Just had to remove the beta to revert. So back to Ffox for my tabbed browsing for now... [/EDIT]

Last edited:
I haven't really had any issues with IE 7, other then one web page that doesn't display correctly

Which isn't an issue with IE7 really, more so how it's coded.

Does it display fine in IE6?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back