Windows Installer error

T

tjfoz

I have an error where saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." My exact problem is at this link..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316309

I did what they told me to do.. Install sp1...

I did and it didnt help..

Only specfic installations have this error.

I tried reformatting to resolve, still no luck! I need to install somethings!.. Please help..

Did you format your Hard Drive and reinstall XP?

If you are now at this stage, booted to fresh install I suggest you download the sp1a package and start from there.

Once you have downloaded the sp1a I suggest a reboot.
Once booted in, in start (open) type msconfig select services, disable all.(please note there are a couple of services windows won't allow you to disable). Reboot. Then in start (open) msconfig>services then enable cryptographic services and windows installer. Reboot, and after start up install service pack 1a. When it has installed, don't reboot. In start (open) type msconfig, goto services. enable all then reboot. Try that.

WOW dood thnx alot I will try that and post back to see if it helped

man.

this did not work.. could it be the cd being corrupt... if it is im screwed... any other suggestions...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back