Windows Install Files

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
When i started up this last time windows asked me to insert my SP1 CD. However when i insterted my RETAIL version of XP, the system said that it did not detect a Windows SP1 CD. So how do i create a CD with SP1?

Ok it sounds like u need a slipstream cd with XP and the SP on it. Have a read over the link I've posted to see bout doing it.

Info for slipstreaming

:rolleyes: Probably Windows wants the CD to replace your newly hacked explorer.exe! :p

Why not go ask the folks at M$ that question Hipster? Hey did try to the answer the question on "So how do i create a CD with SP1" that was asked.

I wonder if that would fix the problem or would it go ballistic & spit the dummy even futher. :eek:

That's a wierd one. Why would it ask for something you don't have?

Now, Windows is looking for an original explorer.exe version 6.0.2800.1106. It can't find it on the harddrive so its last hope is to ask for a SP-CD.;)

Would it be asking for the sp cd then because Jz1397-4
might have sp1 installed as an upgrade not using the slipstream mehtod. Still seems wierd that it would ask for the sp cd & not the original. All those that upgraded by downloading sp1 are now going to have to make a slipstream cd.

On the original CD are older versions that cannot longer be used. Usually Windows will not ask for the CD because it can get the wanted files out of the 'Service Pack Files' folder on the disk.

Ahhh right. So if you delete the folder.......look out. Thanx yoyo for clearing that up.

Is M$ were talkin bout here. I will also say thanks yoyo for pointing out that piece info....I also agree with Hipster that if u delete the folder LOOK OUT

i have accidently moved a file into another folder, i moved $NtUninstallQ307869$ into the $NtUninstallQ308210$ folder, and i need to move it back, but now it will not let me move it back it says that acess is denied

Well then if it says access denied and I'm guessing that u have admin rights or r log in as admin then I'm not sure what to tell u.
I guessing that u already tried booting into safe mode to move the file if not try that otherwise I'm outta of idea's expect for one which is covered in the next sentence. I would suggest that u make sure u have a backup of ur data and that u use an cdrw to make a slipstream XP cd as I've got a feeling that u may and I stress may have to do a format. T

Try doing it with a command prompt without explorer running. Open the task manager. Open a command prompt & vavigate to where you need to go. In task manager/processes close explorer.exe. Now try to move the folder using the move command. Go back to the task manager\application & start explorer.exe again.
If that does not work try normally in safe mode, even trying the command prompt in safe mode.

Thanks for adding that bit of info Hipster as I didn't think bout using the command line to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back