Windows Home Server - Ultimate Test

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all

Putting my new server through a massive test as one of the two new hard drives for it is broken :( Currently running the remove hard-drive wizard so we shall see what happens...... Hopefully it should be ok all the data fitted on the first disk and the second was just for duplicated files

We Shall See.........

Wish me luck

IJ

Not good the dodgy drive is the one with windows on it, i think that means if i install home server onto my new disk I believe it formats it first except that is where all my good non-corrupted data is .......
I think the only way around this is to borrow a hard drive from someone if possible, otherwise or hope that my replacement drive arrives before I have to send the old one back.....

cant you just unplug the other drives - install - then reconnect them ?

Unfortunately not, one drive (with windows on it) is dying the other has the good versions of all my files, so if I install on that disk I lose a lot of data :(

i meant unconnect the good drives so that home server dont format them on the re-install

thats what i mean remove the 2nd drive - then reinstall and whs should only format the first drive as its the only one it can see - unless theres a minimum requirement of 2 drives before it will install ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back