Windows-Hints.net

penguin

g0t r00t?
I have recently redesigned my site, www.windows-hints.net, and I would love some comments and suggestions for it.

Please stop by for a visit (and hopefully register and contribute ;)).

Thanks

Penguin

Thanks Khayman.

Unfortunately the lack of validation is due to the codign of others (Geeklog). If i had teh time or skill to code a site to do what I want it to from scratch I would. But I don;t so I chose a CMS that has teh features that I like.

So get on Geeklogs ass. There is no excuse these days for a website that does not validate by the standards.

Does sometimes :)
I tend to ignore problems with the news articles themselves as my main concern for having them sorted is gone as I now have an RSS2.0 background.

Looks like your using 1.3.10 or do you just use "professional" theme? I ask because 1.3.10 is suppose to use a HTML 4.01 compliant theme.
The theme has been modified slightly and is now fully HTML 4.01 and CSS compliant.

Khayman said:
The main site looks fine to me, although I can't decide if its "Clear, nice and simple layout" or "a bit too plain" :)

Clear, nice and simple layout.

X-Istence said:
So get on Geeklogs ass. There is no excuse these days for a website that does not validate by the standards.
I just sopke with the people over at geeklog and the 2.0 version is supposed to be fully html/css compliant and they are also plannign on the default theme to be Section 508 compliant.

The main site looks fine to me, although I can't decide if its "Clear, nice and simple layout" or "a bit too plain" :)[/QUOTE]

I would recommend a background colour to the main page. The white is a little too stark, and it makes it a little harder to focus on and read (at least for me).

looks good, I hafta go with dreamliner on this one....clear, nice and simple layout.
:)

penguin said:
It is 1.3.10.
I've been meaning to upgrade my site to 1.3.10 but just havn't been in the mood to do the backing up before upgrading and then sorting my hacks. :tired:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back