Windows Firewall

DeeBeeS

OSNN Addict
I have a Dell XPS420 and the os is Vista Premium. I am at present running the Windows Firewall plus the firewall on my router. I have tried Comodo and I believe McAfee was pre installed. I have removed both of these programmes.

I have just had a look on the security centre and under Firewalls I checked what Firewalls are running and it shows three. Comodo McAfee and Windows. I can't understand this as I thought I had uninstalled the 2 third party progs. Does this mean that in all I have four firewalls running. If so how do I delete the ones I do not want. Thanks in anticipation.

look in the control panel - admin tools - services , see if the firewalls are in there if so it should be a case of disabling them (although this should have been done and deleted when you uninstalled them) and deleting the services :)

Hi Carpo, thanks for the quick response, had a look in services neither are there. Had a look in registry and found Comodo in the route file but it would not allow me to remove. Could not find anything relating to McAfee.

run Hijackthis! or any other tool that allows you to control what starts up and what dont, that normally removes things that regedit wont allow me to remove :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back