Windows firewall problem?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
When i try to open windows firewall i get this error..any ideas?

Attachments

• firewall error.JPG
    firewall error.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 399
See if you can open the security centre in the task bar or the control panel. Might tell you something.

Just luv that error box. :D Way to go Bill.

Any services fail at startup? Check the event viewer...

That happened to a friend of mine a while back the problem was with the registry and this link fixed his problem so it might work for you also.

Link

Have u tried checking for spyware and virus's that might be the problem.

Bush doggs, soultion seems correct
  • When you open Services.msc applet, the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service may not be available in the listing
  • Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is available in Services listing, but you are unable to start the service
  • You receive the following error message while accessing the firewall settings (firewall.cpl)
Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings.
sharedaccess.JPG

Cause

This happens due to missing or corrupt SharedAccess reg key, which represents the Windows Firewall Service.
Resolution

Download sharedaccess.reg (only for systems running Windows XP Service Pack 2) and save to Desktop. Then double-click the file to merge the contents to the registry. The Services entry will be created. Restart Windows (mandatory step, otherwise the following NETSH command will display an error message).

After restarting Windows, run this from Command Prompt (cmd.exe) NETSH FIREWALL RESET
Launch firewall applet from Control Panel, and then configure your Windows Firewall settings.
If nothing helps, as a last-resort solution (before reinstalling Windows XP Service Pack 2), give these two commands a try. Click Start, Run and type:

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf Restart Windows, and then run this command (from Command Prompt):
NETSH FIREWALL RESET
Attempt to start Firewall applet. Start the Windows Firewall service if prompted.

ill do it now....even better it may fix my ICS error too!!!

Fixed all..thanks a bunch!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back