Windows firewall issues (I think)

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Ok, I'm confused here. All of our existing machines have the firewall turned off by GPO, yet the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is started and set to automatic. I guess I assumed if you turned off the firewall by GPO, then this service was turned off. Apparently I'm wrong. All of the existing machines can be browsed by \\COMPUTERNAME\DRIVE$\PATH, I assumed this happened normally without any extra configuration, again I guess I'm wrong.

On the new machines, just like the oldies, the firewall is turned off via GPO but that service continues to run. If I'm at a new machines and attempt to connect to the old machines I can do it just fine. But if I reverse that, try to connect to the new machines from the old, I get a 0x80070035 network path not found error. Since I didn't setup the old machines, I don't know what was done (if anything) to them to enable this functionality. But I need it! The last thing I want to do copy my files to a flash drive and run all over pasting my stuff in each machines. So what did I forget to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back