Windows File Protection Error Message

C

Coolestmaster

Everytime I restart I get the $%%^ File Protection Message wanting me to insert the CD. I hit cancel, it warns me it might not work and then all is well. Until I reboot and get the same thing.

I'm not sure what happened. I've been running with the styleXP uxtheme.dll for the last year with no problem. The only thing I can think is that I recently installed some Windows security updates that were offered.

I've done a complete search (including hidden files) and can find no other uxtheme.* anywhere on the disk. I don't understand what Windows is comparing the hacked file to.

Is there some way to disable this without disabling the entire File Protection?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank!

firstly, do you have the service pack installed? i not, you could install that, and then use PatchXP from this site to apply your visual styles. other than that the only solution that i can think of is to uninstall stylexp's patch then try reinstalling it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back