Windows Extras And Service Pack 1

B

bluekelt

Hi All,

I hope I've got this in the right section before I start but here goes.

This afternoon I tried to install some extra Windows components from my XP disc via "Add/Remove Windows Components" in "Add/Remove Software". It started to install the components and then asked me to insert "the Compact Disc labelled 'Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD'".

When I updated XP to Service Pack 1 via Microsoft Update and have never had a Service Pack 1 disc. It does give me the option to browse for the files that it is asking for but I can't find them on my original XP disc, on my computer or in the Service Pack 1 files.

Has any body got any ideas of how I can resolve this problem,

Thanx in advance and catch you all later,
Blue

When you upgraded to sp1 I think the files are put near the top of the windows folder. If they are not there the only thing I can suggest is to download the full sp1 & then make a slipstreamed xp cd. They are instuctions for easy cd & nero. Then when it askes for the cd stick it in.

Thanx Mate,

Have been meaning to slipstream xp and will have to give it a try now.

Catch you all later,
Blue

Hi there,

Just wanted to let everyone know that workled a treat so if anyone else has installed SP1 and can't add any of Window's extra components from their CD they should follow Hipster Doofus' advice above.

Once again thanx and catch you all later,
Blue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back