Windows Extras And Service Pack 1

B

bluekelt

Hi All,

I hope I've got this in the right section before I start but here goes.

This afternoon I tried to install some extra Windows components from my XP disc via "Add/Remove Windows Components" in "Add/Remove Software". It started to install the components and then asked me to insert "the Compact Disc labelled 'Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD'".

When I updated XP to Service Pack 1 via Microsoft Update and have never had a Service Pack 1 disc. It does give me the option to browse for the files that it is asking for but I can't find them on my original XP disc, on my computer or in the Service Pack 1 files.

Has any body got any ideas of how I can resolve this problem,

Thanx in advance and catch you all later,
Blue

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
When you upgraded to sp1 I think the files are put near the top of the windows folder. If they are not there the only thing I can suggest is to download the full sp1 & then make a slipstreamed xp cd. They are instuctions for easy cd & nero. Then when it askes for the cd stick it in.

B

bluekelt

Thanx Mate,

Have been meaning to slipstream xp and will have to give it a try now.

Catch you all later,
Blue

B

bluekelt

Hi there,

Just wanted to let everyone know that workled a treat so if anyone else has installed SP1 and can't add any of Window's extra components from their CD they should follow Hipster Doofus' advice above.

Once again thanx and catch you all later,
Blue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut