Windows Explorer Help

S

sqweaky_man

Hi every1,

I hav a problem with Windows Explorer, when i open My computer (it didn't stuff up yet) and click Drive F: (my partion) it sayz 'Windows Explorer has encontered a problem and needz to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience'. and it really annoys me.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

PS: i got the pic of the prob. :)

1. It's partition
2.I could make you a avatar
3. Why not enable error reporting, Make it happen and send a report

First, I will never understand how people can use a computer with file extensions hidden. Is this first file in your screenshot a movie?

Maybe it is a corrupted file that causes Explorer to crash. Seems Explorer cannot generate the preview of one of these pictures or movies (movies are most likely).
Would try to create a subfolder and then move the video files there. Since you can't open the F:\ drive you'll have to do it from a command window.
Click Start - Run - type: cmd
Now type the following commands and press Enter after each line

F:
md a\b
move demo250.* a\b

These commands create a subfolder a with another subfolder b (to avoid the thumbnail preview on the folder picture) and move the file demo25o.??? into this second level subfolder.

Now try to open F:\ in Explorer and see if the problem persists. If so repeat the last command for other files to hopefully find the culprit.

If this doesn't help at all we'll have to think about another solution, CHKDSK perhaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back