Windows - Delayed Write Failed

E

el_dub

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Is anyone seeing this message? I have just recently re-installed WinXP. I also have two hard drives connected to my PC in a Non-Raid configuration because the drives are both of different capacities. WinXP was installed on drive C: and Drive D: is used as a file backup drive. There was nothing on Drive D: until I started using it for file backup. As I was downloading a rather large file I kept seeing this balloon in the system tray saying the same windows error over and over. Also, I must add that I installed Norton Internet Security on the C: drive, and until I did this the error was not there. I find it hard to believe that Norton is causing this error. I guess it's possible, though. Any ideas, or know of any fixes, or having this or had this same problem guys? Any replies, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance...

el_dub=out:confused:

Try doing a google for 'error Windows - Delayed Write Failed'. It seems to be a problem but as yet those experiencing it have found no fix for it. Also do a search on 'Q321733'. Microsoft has a fix for windows 2000 but not xp. :(

Hipster D...you da man... : )

Actually man, I've been on google researching the problem, appreciate your reply though. This problem seems to be inherent with mobos with the VIA chipset. It also seems to be on AMD based systems and not Intel (P4) based systems. I guess I'm not the only one seeing this error. I just came from a forum where there was endless complaining about this problem, one reply from a VIA tech, and no solution as of yet. I will keep searching, and if you, or anyone else finds, or knows of an immediate solution, please post back to this post please. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated...

el_dub=out:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back