Windows Creators Update Link No Waiting

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
The creators update looks pretty good, everyone I've read loves it, but there's a rollout and a wait, no worries, you can jump the line

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

That's a Microsoft link to their download tool, not a third party. Follow the very few prompts. you'll be downloading in a couple of seconds

Make sure you have all your passwords saved, the update will log you out of most sites

If you go through the prompts, don't start something important, the update doesn't really give you a postpone option once it begins, It looks like they have an easy uninstall if not happy

Some things I'm looking forward to;

Gaming mode is worth the upgrade all by itself, it distributes system resources to favor the game over background, sweet

Privacy dashboard. Ms got some serious heat for taking away privacy settings, the dashboard gives them back, and then some

Tab tools This is nice, I expect other browsers to follow, tabs in edge will get previews, and you can set your tabs aside for later

Night light is something I'm going to like, I leave my computer on, this eliminates blue light which they say interferes with sleep

3d paint looks interesting, I doubt it's as sophisticated as a 3d app but I think I'll have fun

More control over windows update, now you have more options, you can put off an update, schedule or whatever, I don't think you can turn them off entirely though.

I have been using f.lux for just over a year, I am glad to see a native "night light" setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back