Windows cannot read from this disk

lynchknot

OSNN Senior Addict
This is crazy. It was working fine yesterday but I get this message with any CD I try to play:
"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk maybe corrupted or could be using a format that is not compatible with windows"
Anyone have experience with this?

Possibilities:
Ditry CD reader, unlikely due to sudden onset.
Bad CD reader, possible, any electrical storms? How old is it?
Cable problems. Had the case open since it worked?
Software has been stomped on. Loaded anything new since it worked?

Trouble shooting:
Go to device manager under system in control panel.
Look if there are any yellow exclamation marks. If yes use the wizard to trouble shoot them.

The things that might cause the problem if marked will be under DVD/CD and possible System Devices.

Or, assuming its a software issue you could just try to roll the system back 2 days and see if it clears up.

I just remembered hehe - today I used nero 5x to burn nero6 to CD then installed if from CD - so it was working until then.

yes I did. This is supposed to be the full 180MB version - it has everything - but somehow it looks like it diabled my CD drives. Hehe, that's what I get for installing leaked beta software huh?
The CD and DVDrw are working in safe mode so I'll use sys restore - that should fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back