Windows Apache 64?

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
Does anyone know of a version of apache that will run on x64? or perhaps a easy way of having mysql and php run under IIS?

OR

tell me wWhy apache won't run under x64, as I installed it and it went fine, the services say they are running but localhost is not found

check your hosts file :)

if you dont see an entry saying 127.0.0.1 <tab> localhost then add one and reboot :)

If there is one - get yourself something like mingw if you dont have visual studio and compile apache under windows, should work then.

Alternatively dont run it as a service run is as a background application. It may be that the apache 32 bit service doesnt get on with x64's registry hocus-pocus.

To get PHP running under IIS just install it, the installer will configure IIS for you:
http://www.php.net/downloads.php said:
PHP 5.0.4 installer [2,272Kb] - 31 Mar 2005
(CGI only, packaged as Windows installer to install and configure PHP, and automatically configure IIS, PWS and Xitami, with manual configuration for other servers. N.B. no external extensions included)
Same goes for MySQL really: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/4.1/installer.html

To my knowledge, none of the Windows binaries for Apache HTTPd have been compiled for x64, which could be causing a problem, which version are you using ? 1.3 / 2.0 / 2.1 ?

Or add anything to your hosts file and type "nbtstat -R" in a cmd window.

Electronic Punk said:
Apache works fine under x64 mate :)
Oh of course! now that you say it I realise I didn't even bother to try it at all and just assumed it didn't work. :rolleyes:

SPeedY_B said:
To get PHP running under IIS just install it, the installer will configure IIS for you:
Same goes for MySQL really: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/4.1/installer.html

To my knowledge, none of the Windows binaries for Apache HTTPd have been compiled for x64, which could be causing a problem, which version are you using ? 1.3 / 2.0 / 2.1 ?
Cheers Speedy

Not quite as simple as they make out, still requires some manual duehicky to get it to work. Plus IIS (on xp) only supports 1 website (i wanted o set up sub domains on localhost). Bit of an ass. But all working now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back