Windows Aero

jwoods888

OSNN Newbie
I Bought a Dell computer right before christmas. It came with Windows Media Edition and said that i would get an upgrade to Vista Home Premium when it came out. Well i sent them 10 bucks and got it 1 and a half later. What ever the case, i install it and figure out that Aero isnt working( the program that makes the windows 3d and all that ****) I call dell and they say that my graphics card is intigraded or something like that and windows is working on a driver. Has anyone heard of such driver?? thanks..

maybe they meant your graphics card manufacturer hasn't released a wddm driver, so it doesn't support windows aero (maybe its because its lacking some aero requirement)

integrated cards aren't that great anyway, so if you really want it you should buy a discrete solution (=a pcie gpu) that fits your needs

Intel doesn't have an integrated graphics package at this time that is strong enough to run Aero. Dell uses integrated graphics from Intel.

BUST! My Mb has the nvidia 6100 chipset, right after the install, i had aero running fantastic, then i put my x700 pro in and its even better than that. Get a new video card fro lie new egg or something, you see a drastic improvement

Intel doesn't have an integrated graphics package at this time that is strong enough to run Aero. Dell uses integrated graphics from Intel.

This is false, the GMA 950 supports Aero glass, it was specifically designed for that purpose. What model of Dell do you own?

This is false, the GMA 950 supports Aero glass, it was specifically designed for that purpose. What model of Dell do you own?

Correct.

I think Matt might have been right at the time because Aero support was enabled via driver updates. I may be wrong though so don't quote me on it :)

Look at the date of my post; I believe it was May that it becamse available on the 950.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back