windows 98 Notepad

WAREZ!

haha, can't you get it off your legit windows 98 disk though?

Originally posted by blinden
WAREZ!

haha, can't you get it off your legit windows 98 disk though?

Warez?? I suppose it could be, but why would someone try to illegally acquire Notepad of all things? Maybe his 98 CD is bad or something.

Anyway, you can find many freeware Notepad replacements that offer better/more functionality than plain 'ol Notepad. Plus they are just as fast and small...

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Warez?? I suppose it could be, but why would someone try to illegally acquire Notepad of all things? Maybe his 98 CD is bad or something.

Anyway, you can find many freeware Notepad replacements that offer better/more functionality than plain 'ol Notepad. Plus they are just as fast and small...

it was a play on how people overreact to everything as "warez" in this damned forum, I personally don't care although I don't see why he couldn't get the program off of his win98 disk...

I don't really care if he wants it or not, I can't really help him out because I'm not running windows.

You can run SFC which will prompt you for your CD when it can't find notepad, and it'll then grab it from whichever .cab file it's in.

He doesn't want alternatives, he needs his original notepad.exe back.

Found this via google..
if you want to install notepad.exe you have one of the most effecttive option if you are using windows98 or me.
1> click start menu.
2> click run.
3> type "sfc" and press enter.
a window will appear asking you to scan all system files or to extract a particular file.
4> click "extract file".
it will ask for file path .
5> type "c:\windows\notepad.exe"
6> press start.
this will prompt you to save its previous version into a backup folder.
7> click "ok"
if he folder does not exist it will prompt you to make a new folder.
8> it will ask for file path to extract file from. enter the path of installable windowsdirectory.
in few seconds it will extract the needed file. this option can be used to extract any file.

the other way is
1> open control panel, open add/remove program
2> move to windows setup tab.
3> install all the accessories.
4> apply settings.
5> if asked for file path enter the path of installable windows directory.

Now that you've solved your problem you may like to consider replacing it with something more useful :)

no is not that, hardly use notepad. Wat the point of it? Just need that in case of emergency.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back