Windows 95 screensaver on XP

T

tedmills

I've acquired a new PC with XP Home edition. Previously I was on 95 and had the Plus pack and would dearly love to use a screensaver from that package - I know, sad - but the Plus disk went with the old PC. I have the .scr and .dll files which I have put into WINDOWS\system 32 folder, but no good. All I get is a blank screen. Has anyone else done this successfully, please.

Ted Mills

Looks like it might be getting a bit old for xp. There is a thread going around with some very kewl screensaver links. :)

I just remembered that I have a 95Plus CD and tried to install the two screensavers I found on it. They do work. I rightclicked the file and did choose 'install' from the context menu.

Thanks guys. I tried the install option but no luck. Guess I've got a corrupt copy or something.

Posted by yoyo
I just remembered that I have a 95Plus CD and tried to install the two screensavers I found on it. They do work. I rightclicked the file and did choose 'install' from the context menu.

You wouldn't happen to have a Win98SE Plus CD would you? I'm DYING to get a screensaver I used to have, that was on that disc - Cityscape, as I recall ...

mavis

Yo Mavis, where did u get that rad theme "mercury"?
Thats a sweet looking desktop.

Ganassi

I have it

Posted by mavis
You wouldn't happen to have a Win98SE Plus CD would you? I'm DYING to get a screensaver I used to have, that was on that disc - Cityscape, as I recall ...

mavis

I have win98 plus cd right here what do you want ? cityscape?

gimmie an email addy I willzip it up for you

here

Here its super small I tested it ..no problems works fine after its installed its called walkabout in the list ...........

you rock!!

I actually got the hookup from Nedreplan (I posted in the "Other Operating Systems" forum) but after an unfortunate incident involving my own stupidity and not reading a readme, lol, I was forced to reformat/reinstall, losing all the stuff he had sent me :) :D

Anyway I didn't want to bug him about it again, so thank you for the attachment!! I love this screensaver, don't know why exactly, it's not spectacular or anything ... hehe

Thanks again!!! :D

mavis

anytime

LOL like you I dont know why but that was my all time fav from win98 plus I always had that set as my desktop theme and I am using the screensaver now in XP .....

Your welcome anytime bud

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back