Out of interest, why do you think it will be a flop? Have you tried it yet?
Have I tried it yet? I never post an opinion about an OS, or APP, without trying it first. Yes, I was a beta tester for it.
There are two things in that will make it flop. They are:
1) The Metro
2) The loss of the start button
They set it up where you have to go to hot spots on the screen now. And took things out of it. There is already a wave of people saying that they do not like it. If it isn't the biggest flop since ME, I will be very surprised.
• August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
• August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
• August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
• August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
• August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
• September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Exactly what I thought
I personally love Windows 8. I guess had I posted the news article, I would have said "I still think Windows 8 will be a big success, and I'll never use a MAC".