News Windows 7 WGA bypassed already?

Windows 7 Ultimate has been cracked, and can be permanently activated with OEM style instant offline activation which will pass Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation, before even any Windows 7 is officially released according to Windows 7 release schedule. All hell breaks loose when a Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD ISO from Lenovo been leaked and posted on Chinese forum. The ISO was quickly grabbed to retrieve boot.wim, which was then used to retrieve the OEM-SLP product key and OEM certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate.

Microsoft has updated the the SLP (System-Locked Preinstallation), a procedure that used to preactivate Windows operating system for mass distribution by major OEM (original equipment manufacturers), to version 2.1 to support Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 while provided backward-compatibility for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 activation. Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 OEM activation is provided by SLP 2.0. SLP 2.1 requires SLIC imprinted in BIOS to be updated to SLIC version 2.1 too, which contains new Windows Marker.

:source: News Source: My Digital Life

Last edited by a moderator:
N
So does this crack work still or no?

I'd be buying it, but I doubt my father would want too, so this might be useful if it still works.

Wasn't that obvious to everyone? (that this would happen) We did the same to Vista. Actually, for fun, go check out the MS procedure to change a product key on say, windows2003.

The procedure involves tricking Windows by deactivating it and reactivating it by saying, you guessed it, 'I would like to speak to a telephone rep' - etc... executed a script last night to do that on about 40 servers. Manually did the process on the two that the script failed on.

Heh.

I was going to try this out on my little Ferrari laptop, but it doesn't have a SLIC 2/2.1 bios it seems so and there is no chance I am trying it out on my main system.

So they will both have to wait one more week and I will get them a legit key from Technet.

That was fast, but not as fast as it was for vista. Then they didn't offer Vista free like the did with Windows7

Well wonder what Microsoft will do to Lenovo since it seems it was their oem key that lead to this, mind you according to a Neowin which posted an up M$ is aware of this

Ms knew something like this would happen. They can not fight it. Everything they try gets busted.

If a hacker/cracker or what ever wants something they will find a way to get it, you can never secure anything to a 100% certainty :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back