Windows 7 RTM before the end of january.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I been doing some reading windows 7 and found that as Jan 31, 2009 they will roll out the RTM, and stop delivering pc's with windows xp. So from what I am gathering from this is that they will no support xp? Anyone hear anything about this?

If this is the case, then that would be great! I can't wait to try this os out.

Re: Windows 7 RTM befor the end of january.

RTM in a month? that seems a little quick really.

I will have to call the ms dudes tomorrow to find out cause it would be nice to get a copy of that from them for our labs at work. we have been playing with betas so far and they are very beta. LOL

Sorry, but that isn't accurate. Windows 7, if it does RTM in 2009, will be in Q4. I think it was originally slated for early 2010, but no solid dates have been released yet.

There is supposed to be an official release of Beta 1 sometime in January, again - I don't think there are any dates yet, but it should be public too. This will be the only public beta released for Windows 7.

While on topic, it's important to mention that you need to be using the current builds if you are using a build at all. There are versions floating around all the torrent sites that are in big trouble at the moment. This zero-day flaw for IE of late impacted all versions of IE, including the one that comes with Windows 7. MS did not provide a patch for builds that are not current - which means if you are using an illegal version of the build, or did not receive it legitmately, you could be running a build that isn't patched. Your options, use a legit OS or use another browser.

/rant

I think it will be out well before 4th quarter to be honest.

yeah.... seems like it. using 6956.... and hell, i actually kinda like using it a LOT more than even Vista. Surprisingly stable running for it to not even be in Beta yet.... and a lot more work has been done to it compared to the XP>Longhorn>Vista progression, where the most notable change was just visual. I mean yeah... 7 has it's fair share of prettiness upgrades.... but a LOT of them make using 7 that much more fun and efficent.

Not sure how reliable this site is but it seems to confirm that XP will be around past January 31st. The author also seems to think that Win 7 will release ahead of schedule.

http://www.crn.com/software/212501445

more likely may/june if it rtms in 2009

Not sure how reliable this site is but it seems to confirm that XP will be around past January 31st. The author also seems to think that Win 7 will release ahead of schedule.

http://www.crn.com/software/212501445

I saw that on a few other sites so I would say the information is fairly accurate

more likely may/june if it rtms in 2009

IMO that's a little aggressive, but only time will tell :)

from what i have been hearing they are looking at April for rtm/oem - so give em a few months on top for any delays or show stoppers :)

the XP>Longhorn>Vista progression, where the most notable change was just visual.

well, vista's visual changes wasnt just surface ones (like the new driver model, which btw, was one of the reasons for the initial problems)

I would like to see an RTM by the end of summer. That would make it nice. The main thing I am hoping is that they aren't trying to rush this and make another Windows ME. With how much trouble they are having with Vista, that would be a stupid thing to do.

Johnny: well.... like i said before.... seems quite stable for not even being a Beta yet.

epk: yeah... i know that there were more changes than just a more pretty UI. Just that the changes between XP and Vista were ones that weren't extremely easily noticable. Yeah, it has a more pretty UI.... but other than the fancy start button and the sidebar, and having the programs list open up in the start menu pane itself rather than separate pop-out menu's... the rest of the changes weren't really noticable. Windows 7 is far from that.

fixed thread title

Beta 1 is going to have the build number 7000. That should make it easy to tell what it is ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back