Windows 7 RC officially released ..

Psssh.

Downloading my 2nd copy from my MSDN right now to slap on my HTPC.

Going 32-bit as x64 causes some issues with a couple of codecs :)

Attachments

• MSDN.jpg
    MSDN.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 106
;)

Downloads are sort of slow at the moment though :(

Servers are getting slammed, that is for sure.

getting 1.36meg sec on the 32bit d/l :) - better for htpc, x64 codecs are a bitch :D - going to grab x64 for this box though :)

true.. but u can always use 32 bit codecs and a 32 bit media player :]

I am getting the 64 bit version now. WOot!

true.. but u can always use 32 bit codecs and a 32 bit media player :]

yes but the WMC is 64 bit so thats not to good - 32bit is much easier, and 64bit is over kill for htpc :D

Is this true..

If you've already taken the plunge with the Windows 7 Beta, chances are you don't really want to set everything up all over again when you install Windows 7 RC. Unfortunately for you, Microsoft recommends a fresh install over an upgrade, and in fact, if you want to upgrade rather than install from scratch, you'll need to perform a simple hack, as described in this post from Life Rocks 2.0 covering how to upgrade from Windows 7 Beta to the Windows 7 RC. Likewise, you'll have to perform an in-kind upgrade, meaning you can't go from 32-bit Vista to a 64-bit Windows 7 install without doing a clean install.

I have to do a little hack?

you never upgrade a windows os. Always do a clean install. I rather enjoy installing os's for some reason, so I look forward to it ..

bman.. i installed 7100 over 7077 and no problems at all..

but with any older betas u'll have to do that

bman.. i installed 7100 over 7077 and no problems at all..

but with any older betas u'll have to do that

Darn, I have 7068 installed I believe, well if I get my computer working again that is..

you never upgrade a windows os. Always do a clean install. I rather enjoy installing os's for some reason, so I look forward to it ..

I was not asking for opioion, and frankly I used to like to do clean installs too, now I enjoy how I have mine setup and don't want to start over.

Got my movies working correctly in MC :D

For some reason, some will show up correctly in MCE but not in Media Player :(

Oh well.

does win7 freeze for people at times, does it randomly, could be installing something, or using a program

beta did it - rc is doing it, might go back to vista sp2 :)

has anyone had any issues of watching movies over the network. having media player freeze. or just crash?

wifi network. only 7 does it. vista, xp and OSX dont..

any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back