Windows 7 RC officially released ..

This x64 of Windows7 is running great ... No issues so far ...

Running the RC install, modded the file to allow upgrade, going from 7068 to 7100, hopefully it will work.

^^ I am hearing a lot of people are having issues with the upgrade. So it would probably better if you do a clean install ..

I just finished the upgrade. No issues at all. If you mean issues afterward, well we will see.

I only ever saw it freeze when I was moving double/triple digit gigabytes of data around.

Ah ok, I had Firefox freezing at first, but that seems to be fine now.

Yea RC is great.

Don't know if it's just me, but has anyone noticed that if Live messenger is already minimised and you minimise FF, Live Messenger pops up.

Last edited:
I went to the Live Messenger folder and told Live Messenger to run in Windows Vista compatibility mode, not a fan of its new location in 7.

I been using digsby, so the messenger issue has not came to me yet?

Don't know if it's just me, but has anyone noticed that if Live messenger is already minimised and you minimise FF, Live Messenger pops up.

Yes, and it's quite annoying.

And EP, I am quite picky with where my programs are, Live Messenger I actually don't give a crap about where it is.

haha.. i thought my pc was haunted or smth :D

well, im glad its not just me.. can that be turned off?

I went to the Live Messenger folder and told Live Messenger to run in Windows Vista compatibility mode, not a fan of its new location in 7.

Thanks for the hint/tip/suggestion. I've just to the folder and tried changing the compatibility mode to Vista, but was baffled as to why I couldn't find it. I've totally forgotten that I'm currently on my Vista machine. :nervous:

How does changing the compatibility affect it's location?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does changing the compatibility affect it's locating?

Location has changed, that's for sure. Back to it's 'usual' position on the taskbar/notification tray.

Guess Win 7 being gay!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back