Windows 7 Public Beta Download

Gigabot

OSNN Senior Addict
In CES Steve Ballmer confirmed that Windows 7 Public Beta will be released on Friday January 9. According to Neowin it's also fully confirmed that this release will be the same as the leaked Build 7000 that many OSNN members here have downloaded.

Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, announced at CES that Windows 7 will see its public debut on Friday 9th January. Microsoft is currently readying the beta for MSDN and TechNet subscribers and this will be available during Thursday 8th January (or sooner).

It's fully confirmed that the beta 1 build will be 7000 that leaked shortly after Christmas. Our members have been discussing the various leaks and Windows 7 availability all day in one of our more popular forum threads. According to sources close to Microsoft, the company is significantly further on from build 7000 and it's understood that the development has branched from 7003 onwards ready for the RC/RTM stages. Microsoft is also providing a QFE patch for the MP3 corruption issues that have plagued build 7000, this should be online shortly as KB961367 for those with official access.
I'm glad that Microsoft isn't only making this public beta available to MSDN subscribers! :)

Download Windows 7 Public Beta
(On Friday this link on Microsoft's website will have the Windows 7 Download)

Source: Neowin

Last edited:
In CES Steve Jobs confirmed that Windows 7 Public Beta will be released on Friday January 9. According to Neowin it's also fully confirmed that this release will be the same as the leaked Build 7000 that many OSNN members here have downloaded.

I'm glad that Microsoft isn't only making this public beta available to MSDN subscribers! :)

Source:
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/08/windows-7-beta-will-be-available-for-public-on-friday
that's a great heads up, thanx for posting

Perhaps it would be better to actually quote the article and get the name correct:

Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, announced at CES that Windows 7 will see its public debut on Friday 9th January. Microsoft is currently readying the beta for MSDN and TechNet subscribers and this will be available during Thursday 8th January (or sooner).

It's fully confirmed that the beta 1 build will be 7000 that leaked shortly after Christmas. Our members have been discussing the various leaks and Windows 7 availability all day in one of our more popular forum threads. According to sources close to Microsoft, the company is significantly further on from build 7000 and it's understood that the development has branched from 7003 onwards ready for the RC/RTM stages. Microsoft is also providing a QFE patch for the MP3 corruption issues that have plagued build 7000, this should be online shortly as KB961367 for those with official access.

Source: Neowin

Please read the News Submissions Guidelines thread for some general help on the format of submitting news :)

From what I heard. The beta that is being released is the exact same thing as the msdn, so I already have it :)

Make sure you also get the hotfix they released with it too.

I wonder how Microsoft will limit this to the first 2.5 million people. I think they'll issue a certain amount of keys. I'll try to get one for my HP HDX (which hopefully arrives tomorrow also)!

Edit: Microsoft will be requiring registration before they give you a product key.
http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/01/how-to-get-your.html

Last edited:
The beta keys will probably only be valid for a couple of moths .. At least I hope there aren't.

Well for unlucky people who go to work at O-dark thirdy, and get off some where before to damm late, please post alot of screen shot and threads so we can hear about it.

Decision now is which bits to download and get a key for.
Think I will get 64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back