Windows 3.1 - Nostalgia

I still have two OEM win95 cd's sitting in my cd rack, why I have two is beyond me, but still, they're there :)

lol I want one! I collect Windows Editions; I have everything I think; 3.11; 98; 2000 ; ME; and XP.

Nt 3.5 and also Nt Advanced Server 3.51, anyone remember that? Someone had a post earlier to a MS KB Article and it referenced those servers talk about old!!! Brings a tear to my eye...lol

Whew ... I need to stay awake and check the forums..

Nick_M: That AMD 1900+ is a nice machine, too powerful for 3.1! You forgot Windows NT as djwhite just said, and do you have the interim builds? Mergers etc?

Posted by hw|Cobra
Whew ... I need to stay awake and check the forums..

Nick_M: That AMD 1900+ is a nice machine, too powerful for 3.1! You forgot Windows NT as djwhite just said, and do you have the interim builds? Mergers etc?

Be carefull! Once you get in here you never leave!

I found that out yesterday ... about 12 posts in five minutes!

is Windows .NET final yet ?
I have RC1 in my cd rack, never really followed it up from then on.

Posted by SPeedY_B
is Windows .NET final yet ?
I have RC1 in my cd rack, never really followed it up from then on.

No it is not. I still have RC1 as well.

i got nt 3.5 sitting around here somewhere. and mail server for it also there is a windows 1 and 2 not exaclty sure of the details on them

theres a webpage that tells you abpout the evolotion of windows out there somewhere shows scren shoots too :) i think i found that link in this forum about a year ago?

I can beat Windows 1 and 2. I have a copy of the old G.E.M GUI that used to run over DOS 2, 3 and 4!

By the way, D J White, whats your first name? We share the same last name and initials!

:D

Id like a copy of 3.11 and dos 6.22 if someones gots lying around :)

Posted by hw|Cobra
It's not so ancient buddy.

The game does bring a tear eh?

And what about Chips Challenge, Sokoban?

Hi,

I know that quote was posted a couple of days ago but just wanted to let you know that those two games still work under XP as well as all the other games that came with the Windows Entertainment Pack.

I know this because I still have them on my computer. I have games like Medal of Honour and IGI and yet whenever I've wiped the computer and forgot to put them back on the kids have started slapping me about. If Jezzball and Chip's Challenge are missing my life is especially difficult.

The copyright date on most of the files is for September 1991. 11 years and they are still going.

Catch you all later,
Blue

games that came with the Windows Entertainment Pack.
Ahar! I Couldn't think where they'd came from, I knew it has something to do with Windows, could quite remember tho. :D
I still gotta dig out my copy from where ever it is ;)t

Speedy ... I just tried installing Win 3.11 on VMware :D

I repeatedly got General Protection Fault errors, and setup just wouldn't complete. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back