Windows 2003 Server

L

lvlolvlo

Okay, so here's the deal...

Just installed a fresh new copy of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise *w00t*

But after installing it I've run into a wall that is as large as my paralax.

Problem: Can not get Windows Server 2003 online. It just won't go online.

Initially I thought perhaps it's this new Internet Security thing but I unisntalled
it and yet to no avail it still refuses to work *grrr*

Well let me know if any of you got it fig'd out :cool:

lvlolvlo

need way more info...

what happens when you type ipconfig /all??

DHCP or static IP??

What kind of internet connection??

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
need way more info...

what happens when you type ipconfig /all??

DHCP or static IP??

What kind of internet connection??

Okay I will reply to this later tonight, or tomorrow morning as Windows 2003 Server will not boot up. It's locking up right now so I'll just re-install it.

Thank you pseudoKiller for the quick response.

Okay new problem...

Got the i-net to work

Problem: Windows Server 2003 Web Edition will not allow me to share my printer.

Error Message: Printer settings could not be saved. Remote connections to the Print Spooler are blocked by a policy set on your machine.

Any idea on how to fix this issue? Or work around it??

thanks in advance

lvlolvlo

what kind of rights are you giving the driver?? Go into the Printer driver and look a the Security tab. Just for testing, give all the users full rights to the driver...

also how is the printer connected?? via TCP/IP, USB Parallel?

Originally posted by Idle
what kind of rights are you giving the driver?? Go into the Printer driver and look a the Security tab. Just for testing, give all the users full rights to the driver...

I have given all users full rights for testing purposes. Additionally, this printer is connected via a Parallel cable.

are you loggen in as administrator or have logged in with admin priviledges?

Originally posted by Idle
are you loggen in as administrator or have logged in with admin priviledges?

Yes I am logged in as Administrator. It's a fresh/clean install of Windows 2003 Server Web Edition. The only modifications that have been done is:

1. Applied all security patches and hotfixes
2. Created an Administrative Password
3. Installed the Epson Print Drivers
4. Gave all users full rights to the driver

have you tried reinstalling the print driver?

to me it sounds like a rights issue. i am not familiar with win2003 yet. i do know printing. that is what i do :D its got to be the OS and nothing to do with the driver.

Okay so here's the deal. I've learned that the problem I am having is a hopeless case. So I am going to do one of the following:

1. Install Windows 2003 Enterprise
or
2. Install Windows 2000 Adv Serv

Now the part I was hoping you guys could help me out with is;

I want II6 on my server, and if I can get IIS 6 on my W2K Serv machine then it's all good. But the question is where can I get it from.

In conclusion what ya'll think I should do??

Go with Windows Server 2003 Ent

or

Go with Windows Adv Serv 2000 (but i want IIS so u gotta tell me where to get it from)

or

Other

Thanks

lvlolvlo

IIS can be installed from Add Remove Windows Components on 2000, XP, 2003 pro or server.

So as the story goes, I have decided to use Windows 2K Adv Server, why? b/c the windows 2003 isnt working out the way I wanted it to.

So anyway, I know how to get IIS 5.0 up and running, but what I want to know is;

Is there any way I can get IIS 6.0 installed on my box.

It would be nice, but if it's not possible then forget about it.

Additionally, if any of you out there have had experience configuring IIS 5 on a machine like this could ya'll give a n00b sum help. Basically I know how to config the server, but the issue I am having is say if I was over at a friends house and wanted to update my site using FrontPage 2XXX how can I get IIS to config it??

Thank you all for your feedback and contributions

lvlolvlo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back