Windows 2000/XP Blue Screen (Memory Dump Error) - Need HELP !

A

aperion

Hey everyone,

I am having trouble with a laptop of mine. I installed Windows XP on it, and I formatted it again and installed 2000 instead. From what I can remember they both shared the same errors.

A Blue Screen pops up and says:

"Beginning the dump of physical memory"
"An attempt was made to write read only memory"

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I turned off memory dumping completely, but I would like to know what causes this problem and how I can avoid it in the future.

I thank all of you for your help,

Aperion

Not sure, but make sure that you have the latest windows updates installed. If I recall right, there was a fix to prevent that message from coming up.

The only time I've seen this using XP was when I have used the utility "UltraWipe" and I used the advanced settings to wipe the memory. My guess is your using a program/s that are sucking your memory so low that your getting this message. You can turn this off, but you might want to see where your leak is.
Go into your System Propeties>Advanced>Performance Settings>Advanced Look at your Virtual Memory settings. Do you have it checked for your system to manage the memory. I also use a program called "Memory Turbo II" Which works great at distributing memory more equally between programs and games, etc..

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 5/20/2003
Time: 10:01:01 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CROSSOVER
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be (0xa0005e2f, 0x0451d121, 0xbd57f98c, 0x0000000b). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini052003-04.dmp.

See, that's the thing, there are no other drivers available for this intergrated SIS 900 LAN card, nor are there any other drivers available for the SIS 740 Video/Sound Card.

This sux.

Luckily it didn't come up again, but another one did:

Error: XMODE_EXCEPTION NOT ON HAND
NTOSKERNEL
STOP: 0X000000D1
DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL: ATAPI.SYS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back