• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows 2000 startup and login questions

R

Rick Stirling

Morning all, I have a few questions.

I'm building a mini arcade cabinet, basically just a 2 player control box with a PC inside it. It it running Windows 2000.

I will not normally have a keyboard or mouse attached, but will have extension cables there for when I need to have a keyboard/mouse.

Therefore I dont want to have to type CTRL-ALT-DEL to get a login box, or type a login or password as I wont have a keyboard:) So - how do I remove that login box? I just want W2K to boot into the desktop.

And then I want it to boot into Mame32 immediately - I don't *think* this will be a problem, I'll just drag a shortcut into the startup folder.

For when I do need to use the OS, I'll just plug in a key/mouse and close the MAME32 application when it starts up.

Ta!

Enable auto logon

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and double-click 'Users and Passwords'.

2. On the Users tab select the name of the user you want to log on automatically, un-tick 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click OK. (Note you can't select a user if that option is un-ticked.)

3. When the prompt appears enter the password for the user you selected in step 3 and click OK.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;Q234562

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814