Windows 2000 Pro & CD-RW Drives

sammy5gs

Ignorance Defined
Alright, I know this will be a noob question, but here goes:

I just recently installed Windows 2000 Pro (from Windows XP Home). Now, in XP, I was used to the built in Roxio cd-rw software in Windows XP that enabled me to just send files to the CD-RW drive.

I see that with 2000Pro, there is no built in cd-rw software built into the OS. Therefore, I have come to the following conclusion:

I will definately need to add Burning software (i.e., Nero, Adaptec, Roxio, etc) in order to be able to burn CDs in 2000 Pro.

Is this accurate? I guess, in the end, I miss the fact that I can right click on files and send it straight to the cd-rw, and apparently that is not an option in Win2k.

Thanks for the time!

That looks like what you will have to do. I would go with nero for direct burning although I don't use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back