Windows 2000 or XP?

theevilsithlord

Hail to the King, Baby!
Alright. I have been using XP for a while now, and its starting to make me sick. Ive changed back to the classic theme, but i still long for the old windows setup (not to mention my printer/scanner work in perfect unison in all windows but xp). Also, I dont want to have both installed. With my slow processor (Athlon 700) and video card (gf2mx) will i get better fps with windows 2000? Should I give in to temptation?

theevilsithlord, i was having the same idea a few weeks back, but after switching back i realised how much better xp actually is!
i'd just stick with xp for now.

I went back to Win2000 after a while too.

Its needs less CPU and RAM to run, is rock solid stable, has much less bloatware, and doesn't need any activation crap.

I dont think you'll get any faster fps in 2k, although it will run your games perfectly, and also now has compatibility mode.

Its down to personal preferance really, but I'd try it and see.

You can always go back if your not satisfied. :D

xp and 2k are built on the same kernell, one just has more perks then the other, but 2k is not a game system at least imo, But give it a whirl you might get more bang for you buck since it wont eat up as many resourses as XP. BC i have noticed on older PC XP wont handle that well especialy if you only have 128m of ram:D

Windows 2000 every time. I used XP Pro for about a month, but got sick of hardware compatibility issues (especially with my Gametheater XP sound card). I installed 2000 again with SP3 and everything works like a dream, games and all. In my opinion the only thing that XP has over 2000 is looks, but even that comes down to personal taste. 2000 will never be toppled !!!!

I run both on separate drives. XP Pro for my daughter and her games and also for my wife, because she likes the glitz. The run W2000 Pro for me. I like W2000 better. the only drawback is we all know support (upgrades) will go away in the near future (2003).

Moved to General, 2000 and XP are not "Other" OS's

Nor is NT as it has a Unix kernel. These are in fact all Unix based systems clouded in hype.
TA!

It's a matter of preference. I like XP. But I don't have any problems falling back to my W2k Pro license should something happen to my XP install.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back