WIndows 2000 hardware or software error?

S

stevenpyoung

I am having a serious problem with my Windows 2000 laptop. Every now and then, it just won't start... it goes to a red dialog box before loading Windows stating: Hard drive not installed, reinstall operating system.
I am unable to reload anything because it will not boot even to a command prompt. When I unplug it for a good while and restart it again (plugged-in) it starts fine.
Sometimes, I get a STOP ERROR:
KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR 0X00000077
and occassionally, this ERROR:
0200: Fail fixed disk.
But, when I wait again to replug and restart it, it starts fine. The laptop is in very good condition. I just recently gave it all of the Windows updates and ran Norton System Utilities completely without any error messages.
I hate to think that this is a real laptop hardware issue with the motherboard, circuitry or BUS. Any ideas of what this could be?:confused:

Just in case you need to know, the laptop is an IBM ThinkPad A22m.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back