Windows 2000....Can you password protect folders?

Silverado2000

OSNN Junior Addict
Does anyone know how to password protect folders in Win2000 so that ANYONE that tries to access the folder must supply a password?......Thx in advance.

You will need a third party application to do that.

Edit: you can set up compressed Zip Folders with password protection using WinAce or WinZip.

All NTFS based OS's use user level security. Users will not have access to a folder or share unless you give it to them. No need for passworded folders.

Re: Re: Windows 2000....Can you password protect folders?

People just dont seem to want to take the time to setup NTFS permissions anymore :(.

For that extra layer of security why not use EFS?? Providing you want only your account and the local administrator to be able to access the data.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back