Windows 10

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Just installed the free windows 10 ms is making available for everyone.

I used a new laptop that is my least favorite just in case I don't like the upgrade. The upgrade went pretty fast and saved all of my files from what I can tell right now.

So far, not much to talk about, it boots into a more familiar desktop then 8, but I installed a desktop shell onto windows 8, (which was far better then the 8.1 desktop).

Right now I don't see much to like or dislike, when or if I find features or performance better then 8 I'll come back with an update.

As for the desktop, it's better then the tiles but I still like the shell I installed better then this hybrid desktop, will see if that still works as an install and put it back if it does

Last edited:
Right now Cortana, (desktop voice recognition/assistant) is hideous, has not gotten one request correct, ms needs to work on the voice recognition software, this is awful

Last edited:
Second thing, while so far the new browser, (edge) is excellent, google is playing games and claims "the browser is not supported" and gives you the html version of gmail.

Google is doing their best to alienate custmers and I am now going to use bing as default unless I think google will do a better particular search, plus bi.ng is offering reward points to help increase their saturation. Really getting fed up with the google so am going to use bing, yahoo and duck (duck when I want fewer paid for results)

Laptop won't wake from sleep, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, if I find a solution will post it back here

The wireless manager f oftenorgets which networks are "alwayps connect", not happy about having to click in most times I get to the same network

dealer!

I hear it's Microsoft and not Google that is causing problems. Mozilla is having issues too.

I'm also thinking I might take an old laptop I have sitting around and throw 10 on it to play with.

dealer!

I hear it's Microsoft and not Google that is causing problems. Mozilla is having issues too.

I'm also thinking I might take an old laptop I have sitting around and throw 10 on it to play with.
I stepped on this box so no further updates, no worries, it's insured but won't have it back for 3 weeks

That's one way to fix your problems!
I was hoping they'd replace the box, it looks like they're just replacing the display.

I reformat the box before I gave it for repair so hopfully wake from sleep will work when I get it back

I've got it running on an old laptop I had and It seems to be working ok. It has woken up from sleep ok several times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back