• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows 10

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Just installed the free windows 10 ms is making available for everyone.

I used a new laptop that is my least favorite just in case I don't like the upgrade. The upgrade went pretty fast and saved all of my files from what I can tell right now.

So far, not much to talk about, it boots into a more familiar desktop then 8, but I installed a desktop shell onto windows 8, (which was far better then the 8.1 desktop).

Right now I don't see much to like or dislike, when or if I find features or performance better then 8 I'll come back with an update.

As for the desktop, it's better then the tiles but I still like the shell I installed better then this hybrid desktop, will see if that still works as an install and put it back if it does

Last edited:

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Right now Cortana, (desktop voice recognition/assistant) is hideous, has not gotten one request correct, ms needs to work on the voice recognition software, this is awful

Last edited:

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Second thing, while so far the new browser, (edge) is excellent, google is playing games and claims "the browser is not supported" and gives you the html version of gmail.

Google is doing their best to alienate custmers and I am now going to use bing as default unless I think google will do a better particular search, plus bi.ng is offering reward points to help increase their saturation. Really getting fed up with the google so am going to use bing, yahoo and duck (duck when I want fewer paid for results)

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
The wireless manager f oftenorgets which networks are "alwayps connect", not happy about having to click in most times I get to the same network

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
dealer!

I hear it's Microsoft and not Google that is causing problems. Mozilla is having issues too.

I'm also thinking I might take an old laptop I have sitting around and throw 10 on it to play with.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
dealer!

I hear it's Microsoft and not Google that is causing problems. Mozilla is having issues too.

I'm also thinking I might take an old laptop I have sitting around and throw 10 on it to play with.
I stepped on this box so no further updates, no worries, it's insured but won't have it back for 3 weeks

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
I've got it running on an old laptop I had and It seems to be working ok. It has woken up from sleep ok several times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage