Windowblinds

L

Lisa

This may be a daft question, and I apologise if its been done to death.

But why does no-one here seem to use windowblinds?

I adore WB. It's so easy to change the way my desktop looks. More importantly for me, there are often matching skins for the other two apps I use most often - ICQ (with icq plus) and winamp.

It's also supported by Microsoft as the way to change XP's appearance and doesn't require changing dlls or anything.

windows blinds I tried out on win2k... never liked it then... resource hog and buggy... and am not going to use it now with my lubly jubly win xp :)

if you like it... feel free... others might like it too...

fact I don't use it doesn't mean squat...

:D

I don't use windowblinds because of the same reason as Sazar99, when I did use it, it used all of my resources. Maybe the program is better now.

The reason why it is slow is because window blinds is a Skinning engine that redirects the information back to window blinds.

Another simular program that most people use is Style XP which uses Microsoft's built-in skinning engine and tends to be much faster.

Thats my 2 cents.

~Dan

I have used Windowblinds for years, and after the trial on StyleXP ran out, I have went back to it. I like the ability to apply skin, wall, sounds, icons, etc. all together.

Yeah, it eats a bit more mem, but I got enough...;)

-also, it is the only thing I have found so far that will skin the SETI driver-:rolleyes:

Weird.. I find no slow down at-all when using the rest of my sys, with wb loaded????!

guess I'm lucky!

I agree. No slowdown here at all. Have you guys who had slowdown tried version 3.3 at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back