WindowBlinds or Styles XP

• Thread starter kingnothing
  • Start date
K

kingnothing

Just wondering what you all think is the best skinning application. I realize Styles XP is still in beta, but let's just assume there are no serious problems.

I like StylesXP because it does it's thing and it is in effect gone - nothing running in the background.

If i wanted a running skinning app, i'd go with DesktopX, it's got by far the coolest looking stuff.

i have both, and windowblinds is just crap,and the only thing it is, a skin over xp, not xp skinned, understood stardock??,

I have both as well and there is only one winner Style XP

Styles XP is a run once type thing. What it does is hack your uxtheme.dll so you can run unsigned themes is all. So it runs and then it's done. That's what I like, it allows things to stay native, no "running" skinning program in the background.

ummm the new stylexp has something that runs in the background...take a look

*my mistake in getting new version....can someone send me the older version?*

I don't have any software running in the background! Uses the 4.0 version.
Btw, got a quote from one of the TGT-Soft guys about StylesXP and registration:

"Just so everyone here knows, you won't have to cough anything up until we release, which is months away.

All of the betas have hard expiration dates in them, but we promise to release an update before any date hits.

Please enjoy the free beta period.

Once we do release Style XP or StyleBuilder, then it will have a 30-day trial period built in.

If you really want a StyleBuilder key, but don't want to pay for it...

Just make an awesome skin, post it here on ThemeXP, and if we really like it, then we will send you a free key.

Maybe even put it in our download.

Imagine that!
"

ZipTrix, what is that running on your backround that gives you temp, speed, etc? Sweet, style and backround btw.

Thank you!

I finished building my machine last night, I can't wait to get home and mess with it.

I cant beleive people acctually voted no on caring about the real meaning of christmas

Hmm, very strange as this poll actually belongs to a thread started today.

Why you diggin up old stuff?

lol. that's funny. =)
oh, and I vote for PatchXP.

style xp is de best. windowblinds has crappy themes and eats lots of ram

WB is not crap and does not "eat a lot of ram". I have used windowblinds for a couple of years now and can say that I am extremely happy with version 3.* - actually at 3.5 now with version 4 in the near future. I tried Style XP and then the uxtheme.dll patch since I wanted to look at other options for skinning the windows. I like the flexibility of windowblinds - the others offer only limited ability to change the gui. I can't believe the debate continues regarding ram usage. I think that stems from previous versions - prior to 3.*. Just my two cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back