Window Washer

I've never had any problems using it. Always seems to do a good job, I havent used any alternatives so I cant compare it

It sucks, they all suck. They put overhead on your system.

There is only one good answer: Norton Ghost.

Learn to make a series of images started at the first desktop hit after an installation. The last image of the series should be your system with all drivers installed and every APP/GAME you normally use. Install games on another drive to avoid backing up savegames.

If my system ever starts feeling "funny" I just backup: Favorites, My Docs, and email into a backup folder on another drive and resotre a Ghost image.

A 3Gig OS partition takes about 15-20 minutes to backup or restore.

I don't think it sucks. I think it's actually a very convenient utility. I don't use it personally, but I use a very similar program called Tracks Eraser Pro. They both do the same things (clean temp files, web cache, mtu values, etc). But it's nice to be able to click a couple of buttons, and have all the crap cleaned up.

No overhead either. Tracks Eraser doesn't run continuously in the background. I'm not sure about Window Washer. It may have an option to auto-run at bootup, like TE does. But you can disable that.

Originally posted by Vorpal
It sucks, they all suck. They put overhead on your system.

There is only one good answer: Norton Ghost.

Learn to make a series of images started at the first desktop hit after an installation. The last image of the series should be your system with all drivers installed and every APP/GAME you normally use. Install games on another drive to avoid backing up savegames.

If my system ever starts feeling "funny" I just backup: Favorites, My Docs, and email into a backup folder on another drive and resotre a Ghost image.

A 3Gig OS partition takes about 15-20 minutes to backup or restore.

huh? do you know what windows washer does? it cleans the internet cookies, temps, recycle bin, WMP lists,slack space. Not sure what you mean by over head because there is none. I run it like once a day takes like 60secs to run and has cleaned up 2.5 gigs from my rig in the last 3 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back